Brighter monitor

JOESTEFANO

I'm currently using an iPad mini set at its brightest setting. Even with the sun hood I can't see the video very well. I have a Crystalsky monitor for my dji drones. It is an android platform. I was able to install the fifish app on it and it runs until I tap the connect button then the app stops. The crystalsky is much brighter than the iPad. Is any using anything different for a monitor?

Eternal Angler

Administrator
Which sun hood? You have to try the Hoodman Aviator, that's what I use, it wraps around the entire tablet, blocks out all sunlight and it's a two part system, where the top attachment comes up to your forehead and eyes even blocks out sunlight where you're actually looking in. Rather than just a simple sun hood that blocks out partial glare and some sun... I bring my underwater drones like the Fifish V6 Expert and Chasing M2 on my boat where the sun is reflecting off the top water, the windows on my boat, the Hoodman Aviator is a must!

I even tried FPV VR goggles once, but didn't care for them... Problem is you gotta be able to look up on occasion, to see boats coming to pull your tether and drone back or look up for other reasons like messing around with your controller. Pulling and slipping FPV goggles off is too much of a nuisance in my opinion with the tight straps.

You shouldn't have to invest in a brighter tablet, but it's up to you, I say give the Hoodman Aviator a try, just make sure you buy the propper size Hoodman Aviator sun hood to match the size of your tablet. There's different models for different sizes like the HAV1, HAV2, HAV3 etc... I still use an old Ipad that isn't the brightest with the Hoodman Aviator and works just fine with the QYSEA and Chasing Innovation software apps.

Last edited: