VR Goggles/Headset with Chasing Dory

JStevenson

Hello - this is my first post (just joined).

I am the proud owner of a Chasing Dory ROV. it's been a blast to play with so far, BUT as mentioned by several other online (thought there was a thread here but can't find) the glare from even moderately sunny skies on either a SmartPhone or Tablet makes any accurate scanning off lake bottoms impossible. Although the post-mission checks of recorded video shows a beautifully clear nd well-lit view out to t least 12ft!

Several have suggested the use of either full-blown VR Headset (DJI FPV Goggles) or even one of those cheaper VR Headsets which use smartphone with VR/Split screen mode. I have opted for the cheaper plan first - although I'm disappointed that (1) the Dory App does not seem to VR/split view natively (the Gladius and others in the Chasing product line DO!) and (2) I have yet to find 3rd party app that might be able to do the job (i.e. take the current display on Smartphone and do the split/VR mode).

Does anyone help have practical experience getting VR display mode to work with the Dory? And/or know of an Android App that will split current view on cellphone?

I tried to contact Chasing Innovations about this but the email bounced off the suggested Support email on their Support page.

Cheers,

Jonathan Stevenson
St.John's, NL CANADA