V6 compass heading off

Aaron P

Has anyone had issues getting the calibration of the compass right. I have done the calibration settings multiple times and the drone compass is always about 40 to 60 degrees off from what direction it is actually pointing. Anyone have any ideas or tips to help with my problem. Thank you

Zandor hercules

Has anyone had issues getting the calibration of the compass right. I have done the calibration settings multiple times and the drone compass is always about 40 to 60 degrees off from what direction it is actually pointing. Anyone have any ideas or tips to help with my problem. Thank you
I have same issue and it varies from my tablet to my phone (A42) .....I've had no luck with the information/contact department qysea.

infieldg

Me too but my Samsung S21 Ultra has a compass problem itself, it drifts and often jumps exactly 90 degrees and a lot of people report the same issue, I think tilt compensation causes it.

The numeric compass bearing FiFish shows doesn't line up with the direction the app shows at all so for me at least, it MAY be a phone thing, dunno yet.

deepblueodyssey

hi, i was having the same problem and found that it was the mag sensor that was not calibrating properly. i had to replace that sensor and then it worked fine

Flatfish

It took me about 5 plus tries and several days, it registered around 20 degrees off several times but now my iPade with the App and the V6 line up within a couple of degrees in all four directions.

I used a magnetic compass to mark magnetic north on a wooden table outside away from any metal influence.
Removed the iPad cover that had a magnetic flap.
Calibrated my iPad per instruction found on google until it coincided with the mark on the table. Turned the calibration in the iPad system off.
I then carefully followed the instruction on the video to make the smooth turns so it coincided with the picture and timing of the App, stopping the turns when the App said and went into the vertical opposing rotation per the App. Clicked finish and rebooted the ROV per instructions

Set it up again this morning and it's still good.

Flatfish

hi, i was having the same problem and found that it was the mag sensor that was not calibrating properly. i had to replace that sensor and then it worked fine
just wonder if you were able to replace the mag sensor yourself?
My setup is still working perfect at this time just curious .