Steamboat Company uses Chasing M2 Underwater Drone at Lake George

Eternal Angler

Administrator

Stories like these make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Luke Dow who has been working for Lake George Steamboat Company since he was a teen, just purchased a new underwater drone called the Chasing M2 to inspect the hulls of their ships. While it's going to beneficial for his family's business who's owned the company since 1946, Luke also plans on using the Chasing M2 to explore remnants of history preserved right in Lake George.

Quote “The thing that most people don’t know is there’s still a lot of history of our boats at the bottom of the Lake ... About 99% of the population will never don a diving suit and dive down in order to see these ships. This drone allows us to bring the ships to them,” said Luke.

Where thousands of people swim every days in the summer at Dog Beach, many people don't know this, but there was a submerged spur track that was installed back in the early 1900s.

“Where they used to load pleasure boats and crafts into the back of train cars and they would back these train cars into the water and then the boats would float, and they could pull them out and go cruising around on Lake George,” said Luke.

He speculates there's hundreds of unique treasures waiting to be discovered below Lake George's surface! And now that these underwater drones like the Chasing M2 are equipped with a claw, let your imagination run wild!

If you're interested on following along on his journey, you can check out Lake George Steam Boat Company's Facebook page.

SpartaMe

Stories like these make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Luke Dow who has been working for Lake George Steamboat Company since he was a teen, just purchased a new underwater drone called the Chasing M2 to inspect the hulls of their ships. While it's going to beneficial for his family's business who's owned the company since 1946, Luke also plans on using the Chasing M2 to explore remnants of history preserved right in Lake George.

Quote “The thing that most people don’t know is there’s still a lot of history of our boats at the bottom of the Lake ... About 99% of the population will never don a diving suit and dive down in order to see these ships. This drone allows us to bring the ships to them,” said Luke.

Where thousands of people swim every days in the summer at Dog Beach, many people don't know this, but there was a submerged spur track that was installed back in the early 1900s.

“Where they used to load pleasure boats and crafts into the back of train cars and they would back these train cars into the water and then the boats would float, and they could pull them out and go cruising around on Lake George,” said Luke.

He speculates there's hundreds of unique treasures waiting to be discovered below Lake George's surface! And now that these underwater drones like the Chasing M2 are equipped with a claw, let your imagination run wild!

If you're interested on following along on his journey, you can check out https://eldfall-chronicles.com/product/slayer-dragoon/
, I was talking about sewing my own.

Last edited: