Robotic Arm Comparison Fifish V6s vs Chasing M2 ROV

Eternal Angler

Administrator

This is a great comparison photo between the Fifish V6s and Chasing M2 ROV, shows how much longer the robotic arm claw is on the Chasing M2, which might make it more unstable. If you haven't seen this video yet, this shows how much more stable the Fifish V6s is when rotating or rolling forward/backward with the claw attached. However, the Fifish V6s does not have a micro sd card slot or replaceable battery features, just a few days ago I watched this video of RCSparks Studio where he almost lost battery power with the Fifish V6s when searching for his Phantom Drone, luckily he recovered it in time. With the Chasing M2, you obviously won't be as limited, you'll be able to keep searching and diving with the extra batteries on hand. And question is, even though the Chasing M2 is by the video up above, I think a lot of those movements aren't going to be made much when recovering things off the bottom of a lake or ocean with a robotic arm. Now if you're picking things off the seawall or hull of a boat for inspection with a claw, yeah, having this much precision could matter a lot when you're in the upper portion of the water column with the Fifish V6s. Cool comparison picture, hope this helps some hobbyists make the right decision on which underwater drone they want equipped with a claw. Decisions, decisions, decisions... I know, I almost went with the V6s myself, but then gave in to the Chasing M2 because of the sd card slot and replaceable batteries!

robotic-arm-comparison-fifish-v6s-chasing-m2-rov.jpg

Tatback

I know you wrote this earlier this year, are you still happy with your choice of the M2 over the V6S? I’m trying to decide between the two and there have been very little resources comparing them and there isn’t anywhere I can actually compare them in person.

Eternal Angler

Administrator
I mean I haven't used the V6s, so I can't say the M2 is that much better than the V6s. I went by what I saw, researched on the internet... Bottom line, I wanted replaceable batteries and removable sd card, so I went with the M2. And with so many happy users of the Gladius Mini, that's another reason I went with the M2. Am I happy with my choice, oh yes, blown away with the M2, how easy the claw is to use, how easy it is to navigate. I just hope it holds up longterm. It can be a little shaky when it changes direction at times, but it's still very stable from my experience. Maybe with more algorithm updates they'll make it more stable, since the V6s is an older platform, this is like the 2nd gen, prolly why it's a little smoother in the water. I mean at one point, the Fifish V6 was pretty shaky.

I haven't got out as much I wanted to with the M2 this year, but I still have plenty of time once musky fishing is over with this Fall and the fish kind of go dormant. I fish a lot, so anytime I get time off of work, I tend to want to fish more than use the drone.

Reason why....
finished1.jpg

I really think both are great underwater drones, I saw that QYSEA now has the V6 Expert, that has a lot more add-ons than the M2 and has removable sd card, very impressive. Something I may consider 6 months from now if I want to ever upgrade, but so far, I'm pretty happy with my M2, I probably don't need a lot of those other add-ons anyways for what I plan to use my underwater drone for, although I really do want sonar to help hunt down fish.

A lot of new exciting news in this hobby, when I get some down time in the winter, I'll have to start updating with some new posts.

Tatback

I mean I haven't used the V6s, so I can't say the M2 is that much better than the V6s. I went by what I saw, researched on the internet... Bottom line, I wanted replaceable batteries and removable sd card, so I went with the M2. And with so many happy users of the Gladius Mini, that's another reason I went with the M2. Am I happy with my choice, oh yes, blown away with the M2, how easy the claw is to use, how easy it is to navigate. I just hope it holds up longterm. It can be a little shaky when it changes direction at times, but it's still very stable from my experience. Maybe with more algorithm updates they'll make it more stable, since the V6s is an older platform, this is like the 2nd gen, prolly why it's a little smoother in the water. I mean at one point, the Fifish V6 was pretty shaky.

I haven't got out as much I wanted to with the M2 this year, but I still have plenty of time once musky fishing is over with this Fall and the fish kind of go dormant. I fish a lot, so anytime I get time off of work, I tend to want to fish more than use the drone.

Reason why....
View attachment 920

I really think both are great underwater drones, I saw that QYSEA now has the V6 Expert, that has a lot more add-ons than the M2 and has removable sd card, very impressive. Something I may consider 6 months from now if I want to ever upgrade, but so far, I'm pretty happy with my M2, I probably don't need a lot of those other add-ons anyways for what I plan to use my underwater drone for, although I really do want sonar to help hunt down fish.

A lot of new exciting news in this hobby, when I get some down time in the winter, I'll have to start updating with some new posts.

Thank you for the update and yes I can see why you'd go for that catch while they're biting.
I've been holding off since we're so close to the holidays and I was hoping for a sale. So far the V6, V6S, and gladius mini s are all having awesome sales. I was going to go with the mini s but I feel like I will feel so limited with the range of movement with only being able to pitch 45º. I'm strongly considering the V6S since right now the package minus the box is on sale for 2699. I just wish living in Florida that there would be stores where I could see them in person. There is one place online showing a little over an hour south of me but when I write them and reach out they don't respond. I don't think they have a store front.