Well, I did it. I bought a V6 today.

DarknessFalls

I’ve been researching and contemplating which ROV to buy for a while now. Initially, I was going to get the Gladius Mini. Then when I saw the M2 being offered, I began to look a little deeper into ROV’s. While I like the M2, the price tag ($2,500usd) was more than I could justify for my first purchase. Once I found the V6 with the intro price around $1,500, It became the front runner. The fact that they have developed a VR headset capable of controlling the unit's movement seems to be a big game changer this early in the ROV community.
I ended up buying one from blueskiesdroneshop.com for $1,898 shipped. It includes the 100meter tether and VR headset. It was the only place I could find it without taxes or shipping cost. Now I have to wait for it to arrive.

One last thing, they told me that the manufacturer has discovered a defect in the spools and will ship a replacement spool to me in the near future.

Eternal Angler

Administrator
I know, having a VR headset is so beneficial, but you know you could always use the DJI Goggles with the Mavic Mini. Now when I buy a new underwater drone after selling my Geneinno T1, it has to include a set of FPV goggles. The sun glare is too much to deal with and turning up the brightness on my ipad helps, but still not enough for all occasions, especially when I'm ice fishing. The T1 was completely unusable out on the ice due to the sun glare.

That sounds like a decent priced package, let me know how it goes. I was pretty excited when my Geneinno T1 and had lots of fun with it. I definitely hadn't that excited since I bought my first video game system, which was the Nintendo back in the 80s. Sure I've gotten excited with other newer age consoles, but sometimes that first feeling when you're trying out something new, I get super excited and get the butterflies in my stomach. I wasn't disappointed with the T1, had a lot of fun for the couple of months I had it, but after using it, came to point where I wanted replaceable batteries and better stability.

I just bought a Hobie Kayak myself from Kayak City, pretty excited, never owned one. This will come in handy when I'm launching my underwater drone at inland lakes, covering more ground and getting down to deeper points of the lake, like Kent Lake in Michigan. It's a pretty big inland lake and I wouldn't be able to launch from the shoreline to get to certain depth points where bigger fish lurk. I will also be using the Hobie for fishing as well of course.

What sucks now is, since I blew a lot of my money, not sure if I'll getting the M2 now. Maybe I'll consider the Navatics Mito or just settle down with the Gladius Mini for it's quality stability. Having 1 hour run time sucks, but may be the only thing I can afford after purchasing a Hobie. I just thought the Hobie will do a lot more for my YouTube channel at the time being.