V6 Plastic disintegration

sonnenep

I was checking propeller orientation on the V6 and when removing the propeller protector, the plastic that attached the protector to the thruster completely deteriorated. The drone is only a year old, and has only been used in fresh (albeit cold) water, and was maintained as per recommendations. Has any one else had these issues?

sonnenep

ROV1.jpg
ROV2.jpg

FiFish told me to talk to their repair center in the US, so I'm just hoping I can get the parts and swap them out instead of having to ship the whole thing

sonnenep

So follow up-since it not under warranty anymore, and I needed a quick fix, I used Plastic Weld to attach the propeller protectors to the thruster housing-just testing it now (doing the motor maintenance in my tub in case I had to rescue it in a hurry) and seems to be holding up. I will be taking it out into more open water for a test swim later today. This is just a temporary fix until I can get the proper parts, but a good FYI in case anyone else has problems with cracking or broken plastic

Rickard

Hi,
This is my first post on this forum. I had some very bad issues with deteriorating plastic on my V6S. Since I still have a case with QYSEA I won't tell many details at this point. (They are very helpful, I have to add.) All I will say is: Don't Ever Use Loctite on Plastics!! At least not the blue (#243) and purple (#222) types. Unfortunately, QYSEA recommends #222 in some videos. This might have caused problems for some. QYSEA will revise their instructions. I don't know if use of Loctite explains Sonnenep's particular problem, though.
Regards, Rickard

Bluesky Lee

I was checking propeller orientation on the V6 and when removing the propeller protector, the plastic that attached the protector to the thruster completely deteriorated. The drone is only a year old, and has only been used in fresh (albeit cold) water, and was maintained as per recommendations. Has any one else had these issues?
The propeller is made of nylon material. In other words, propeller means 'consumables'. * Use a 3D printer to make the propeller out of metal. (There is also a way to request production from an external company.)