Fishing Lure Retriever with Underwater Drone Claw?

Eternal Angler

Administrator

So after watching this video of retrieving a heavy rubber tire with a simple tubular hook using the robotic claw from the Chasing M2, now I'm thinking I could do the same thing with a lure retriever. I suspect with certain fishing lures I'll be able to pull them out by using the power from the thrusters or pulling on the tether, which in this video the Fifish V6s brings up a 10 kg kettlebell. But I think doing this repetitively, over and over again, this is going to cause strain on the tether and connection points, along with strain on the thrusters. I think it would be better using a heavy duty fishing lure retriever with a rope!

So the question is, if I'm going to use some sort of lure retriever with the claw on my Chasing M2, which one should I choose? I suspect certain lure retrievers will work better than others, they all seem to use their own unique custom design.

I think this would also make a great accessory to add to any of the repertoire for any of the underwater drones equipped with a claw, so I hope QYSEA, Geneinno, and Chasing is taking notice. If they develop their own lure retriever, then they could market their drones equipped with a lure retriever to fishermen at fishing shows!