Fifish V6 ROV not powering on - can anyone help?

copperisland

Hello,

I dove my V6 Wednesday night and after 4 to 5 mins in the water, the display screen (my phone) froze. There was no response from the controller to raise the ROV from approx 30ft in depth. I carefully pulled the ROV back to the boat using the tether. When the V6 became visible, I noticed that both headlights would flash at the same time approx 4 seconds in between flashes. The flashes only stopped after I powered everything down. Does this mean anything? I returned home that evening thinking I was dealing with a dead battery and put it on a charge right away. The next morning I saw the green "charged" light and packaged everything up. Today I opened all up to remove my footage I took on that dive. However I am no finding that only the controller will power up and not the ROV. I have confirm a green light as I plugged the Fifish V6 in once again.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul

Its a FiFish V6 QY2019-6

NE Explorer

Just experience the same issue yesterday. I went out for a dive, and it was up and ready to go until it got into the water. Suddenly the screen of the controller froze. I retrieved my ROV checked all connections, rebooted the controller, but the ROV would not power up. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what is the solution?

Zhenya88

The analogous problem was during the post-dive (4 months ago). A new firmware for the device has been released today, I hope the problem has been fixed.

Last edited:

NE Explorer

Just last Firday my Fifish stopped working. I could get the controller to boot, but not the actual ROV. I put in a ticket with the support since my ROV is not even a year old. They told me to send it to a place in Washington State. I asked to hold off since I had a Fifish V6S on the way, and this would help to trouble shoot it before I ship the entire ROV setup.

I just got in a Fifish V6S and used the tether for it to test the V6, and it booted fine. I plan on doing a bit more testing, but it currently appears that it is the Tether that is the issue. I will update all of you once I have finished testing the V6.

deegan8ter

Just last Firday my Fifish stopped working. I could get the controller to boot, but not the actual ROV. I put in a ticket with the support since my ROV is not even a year old. They told me to send it to a place in Washington State. I asked to hold off since I had a Fifish V6S on the way, and this would help to trouble shoot it before I ship the entire ROV setup.

I just got in a Fifish V6S and used the tether for it to test the V6, and it booted fine. I plan on doing a bit more testing, but it currently appears that it is the Tether that is the issue. I will update all of you once I have finished testing the V6.
i have the same problem and yes bought a v6s to trouble shoot. yet it turns out i bought the original model v6, they later reversed the connection on the rov, so i could not determine which component was failing. from your experience the tether seems to be the culprit. is this statement still true?

NE Explorer

i have the same problem and yes bought a v6s to trouble shoot. yet it turns out i bought the original model v6, they later reversed the connection on the rov, so i could not determine which component was failing. from your experience the tether seems to be the culprit. is this statement still true?
Yes, in the end it was the tether. I have gotten a replacement tether and it has worked perfectly since then.

deegan8ter

Yes, in the end it was the tether. I have gotten a replacement tether and it has worked perfectly since then.
very interesting! i am considering refitting the current version v6 from the 7 pin to the 6 pin to match my other 2 reels that came with the v6s. i am currently in contact with blue sky drones to determine if that can be done. thanks your contribution is greatly appreciated and may have saved me a fistful of dollars.

NE Explorer

very interesting! i am considering refitting the current version v6 from the 7 pin to the 6 pin to match my other 2 reels that came with the v6s. i am currently in contact with blue sky drones to determine if that can be done. thanks your contribution is greatly appreciated and may have saved me a fistful of dollars.
Glad I could help!

Do you know where I can get the plug for the V6S? I have the claw, but I would like to be able to use that port for add-ons I build. TO do this I need to by the proper plug for that port.

Flatfish

[/QUOTE]
Hello everyone , new to the forum. Took my new V6 for the first dive and it flooded. waiting for the red tide to go away before testing the replacement.
Reading about the Tether problem I would suspect the weak point in the Tether would be the
Electrical Slip Ring Collector Ring
Has anyone been able to open the tether spool to see if it's replaceable?

NE Explorer

Hello everyone , new to the forum. Took my new V6 for the first dive and it flooded. waiting for the red tide to go away before testing the replacement.
Reading about the Tether problem I would suspect the weak point in the Tether would be the
Electrical Slip Ring Collector Ring
Has anyone been able to open the tether spool to see if it's replaceable?
[/QUOTE]
I can't speak about the Electrical Slip Ring Collector Ring, but when I had my tether issue, Qysea stepped up. They had me send it to a repair place to confirmed that was the issue. Once they did, I was quickly sent a new tether. I have been very pleased with their customer support. No issue or question I've had was ignored, and they have acted quickly to help me out. I have had no further issues.

~Michael