Custom Mod to Gladius Mini Underwater Drone - WaterWolf Camera

Eternal Angler

Administrator

What a neat idea, this Gladius Mini owner has mounted a WaterWolf camera to the tether to get an overhead view of the Gladius Mini navigating the bottom of the ocean. While it's not the most stablest footage, still might be a great way to get that 3rd person view you're looking for without having another underwater drone down there to record the Gladius Mini.

I'm a little familiar with the WaterWolf camera because I fish a lot in Michigan, however, I think this action camera was developed over in the UK from what I remember. The GoPros are more popular here in the states, but what's neat about the WaterWolf camera is it's more aerodynamic or should I say hydrodynamic, it can be mounted on fishing line, trolled behind the boat for big fish like musky and even sailfish. Sadly it never got it's due here in the states, none of the major retailers like Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas carry this camera. So most likely you have to buy it online.

It's just so cool someone thought about mounting this to an underwater drone, I completely forgot about this unique valuable camera. A few years back I was going to buy it for trolling out on Lake St. Clair, a big smallmouth bass and musky lake, but never got around to doing so. Awesome video, be sure to subscribe to Peter Lehnér YouTube channel, such an amazing mod to do for the Gladius Mini, thinking outside the box.

And while the WaterWolf camera doesn't seem to be sold on Amazon anymore, there are two other different cameras of same hydrodynamic shape to choose from, one is the GoFish Cam and the other Spydro Camera.