Chasing M2 Video a Bit Shaky when doing 90 Degree Angle

Eternal Angler

Administrator

I can't say enough how impressed I am with the new underwater drone M2 by Chasing, but as one hobbyist pointed out on the Facebook group, see a little squirly action when the M2 tries to do a 90 degree angle. I really think it's nothing to worry about, as Chasing responded saying this is a prototype and they're still tweaking the algorithm. With 3 additional thrusters, there's a lot more programming that needs to be done.

I figured I address this a little, since the shaky jittery action was seen an official promo video they recently put out. Regardless, I still think the Chasing M2 looks pretty stable and precise, even when doing the lateral movement. I still see a tad jerk here and there when doing lateral movement, however, you have to consider the current from the water and the current the drone actually makes when maneuvering. I don't expect an underwater drone to be perfectly as smooth as an aerial drone, being in the water versus the air is a whole different ball game.

And as the video has shown, they're also using new image EIS image stabilization with the new M2, I suspect an upgrade from the Gladius Mini with a F2.0 Aperture.

chasing-m2-underwater-drone-90-degree-angle.jpg