Chasing M2 Underwater Drone Video

Eternal Angler

Administrator

Well Chasing Innovation has just revealed their M2 new underwater drone at 2020 CES Live on Facebook. So far they've uploaded two videos showing off the maneuverability of this new radical drone or should I say ROV. It sure is starting to look like a professional ROV like Blue Robotics BlueROV2 rather than an underwater drone such as the Gladius Mini. Maybe that's their plans, having a cheaper drone like the Dory, along with a mid-priced underwater drone like the Gladius Mini, and then a more professional ROV such as the Chasing M2. Basically covering all niches of the underwater drone/ROV market!

Anyways, I'm might impressed. The one thing that I forgot to mention in this thread here, is that the M2 is capability of doing a 90 degree angle maneuver, which is shown in the second video. So basically, this could be, the be all, end all underwater drone we've been waiting for with all the capabilities hobbyists have been wanting!!! It's really starting to look like that to be honest with you.

It's also going to have a replaceable battery, replaceable SD card slot, automated winder for the tether, lateral movement, role/turn, 90 degree angle, and also plans of a robotic arm for picking up items off the bottom. I bought the Geneinno T1 specifically for it's robotic arm capability, however it doesn't have lateral movement, 90 degree angle, and can't roll which I suspect will be a very beneficial feature for zeroing in on items off the bottom. And considering what Chasing is known for with stability and precission with the Gladius Mini, the M2 looks to have the same stableness, that will help a lot as well.

Chasing said it will be expected to be priced between $2,000 -$,500. Someone on the Facebook group said it would be around $1,500, I didn't think that sounded right, I'm not sure where he heard that rumor, but a $2k price tag sounds more like it. That's really what I was expecting it to come at!

I hope Chasing plans on doing a discount for pre-order, that would be pretty cool! I tell you what, I'm really looking forward to Dustin Dunnill's review video of the Chasing M2 in the future. I think it's going to take the drone world by storm!