BigBlue 2600 LED Light Modification for Gladius Mini

Eternal Angler

Administrator
This underwater drone hobbyist went berzerk and added 3 BigBlue powerful LED lights to his Gladius Mini, he has a whopping 2600 Lumens Big Blue Dive Light down below, then two smaller 1200 Lumens Dive Lights on the sides, for a total of 5,000 lumens!!! Not sure if you need that much lighting, especially in murky water where you'll be picking up so many particles in the water, but hey, I would be very interested in seeing the outcome, every water is different. I also worry about that added weight to the Mini, but hey, maybe it won't mess with the stability or lower battery run time if the flashlights are very light weight. Very cool modification, this dude must be obsessed with super bright flashlights! I came across a few dudes in my fishing hobby that really enjoy collecting bright LED flashlights, so I know it's a bit of an addiction. Kind of reminds me of the small speaker addiction I had with bass back in the day, ya know where it was cool to have the loudest speaker in your car or home, I remember the old days when Cerwin Vegas were the bomb!

gladius-mini-bigblue-light-modification.jpg
gladius-mini-extra-led-lights.jpg

gladius-mini-light-modification.jpg

gladius-mini-extra-lights.jpg

Last edited:

Rafal Pijanski

Welcome.
I just registered on this forum.
I was called to the blackboard a bit - because the photos above are taken by me :)
I assume you put them in good faith and the lack of the author's signature is just an oversight.
I forgive.
First things first:
The fact that I have just installed such flashlights from this particular company is due to several reasons and it is not the highest amount of lumens.
1. My goal was to bypass the internal lighting and use it to move the drone underwater for longer.
2. BigBlue flashlights have several light levels: 100%, 75%, 50%
That's why I never turn them on at full power.
3. More light sources give a better visual effect
4. When the power of the main battery of the drone runs out - I charge it via e.g. ECOFLOW RIVER and in the meantime I replace the batteries in the flashlights and I do not have to charge them because I have a lot of them.
5. I will surprise you. I went further and built a special cage made of PVC pipes and to the drone itself, as you can see in one of the photos, I added OrcaTorch lasers to have a scale under water and it works great
6. The next step is adding - in addition to the additional Gopro8 camera
- adding an INSTA 360 ONE X2 360 degree camera ... and thus adding an additional 3! flashlights - this time 2x Orcatorch 530V (140 degrees) and another Bigblue to illuminate the drone.
WHY?
Because I care about it - when I enter an old bunker, tunnel, tunnel ... usually I am able to see the most when I analyze the image calmly at home.
A 360 degree camera gives you more options.
I KNOW that I am exaggerating with the expansion of this small drone (toy) but I cannot afford M2 and what I do is a hobby, not a job.
If you want to see the development of my drone, I will gladly leave some photos.
Best regards from Poland.
Rafal